It takes a great team of people to do the work of Collective Resource
As we expand to serve more communities throughout the Chicago area, our staffing needs grow as well.
We’re always looking for the right people whose values match ours. From drivers to facility operations to managers, Collective Resource depends on a team of dedicated people to get the job done as we work toward our vision of
Green Communities for Everyone.
- Are you dependable and hard working?
- Are you willing to learn new things and ideas?
- Do you care about the environment?
- Do you believe that small steps can lead to big change?
- Do you take pride in your work?
- Are you comfortable in an open environment of sharing and helping others?
- Do you believe you can make a difference?
If you’ve answered yes to those questions, Collective Resource might be the place for you.
We offer COMPETITIVE WAGES, HEALTH INSURANCE, PAID TIME OFF, HOLIDAY PAY and the opportunity to see your work contribute toward a healthier and more sustainable planet. If you are ready to do meaningful work with a caring team of dedicated individuals, let us know.
Most of our employees are on the collection crews. This is an entry-level position. Advancement opportunities exist.
Pay: Driver position will start at $13+ per hour (depending on experience).
Hours: Get part-time hours immediately and there is a lot of room for more hours.
We are looking for drivers who aren't afraid of getting a little dirty and doing physical labor while on a day's work.
Overview of tasks:
- Container loading onto the truck for the next route.
- Customer service including picking up & dropping off containers and buckets.
- Learning what is compostable and leaving pure materials at the compost facility.
- Recording data in web-based application from your phone.
- Customer care, container washing, and communication with the office.
We want to provide exceptional customer service every time.
These 10 things will help you to have a successful time with us:
- Driving safely and have at least 2 years of driving experience.
- Maintaining a clean driving record.
- Great attention to detail.
- A can-do attitude, self-starter.
- Being a positive thinker.
- Starting on time.
- Immediately reporting any truck issues.
- Be responsible and trustworthy with keys and codes.
- Treating customers and team around you politely and professionally.
- Able to lift 50 pounds comfortably.
All driving happens in and around the city of Chicago and Northern suburbs. You will be working with fun, friendly, hard-working people. Your schedule will be dynamic and flexible. This is a low stress and independent job. By joining Collective Resource, you will become a part of a company that helps to divert food scraps from the landfill!
Are you the right fit? Please answer these questions while applying:
- Do you have a clean driving record (including speeding tickets, etc.)?
- Do you have any medical conditions that would affect your driving or ability to lift 50 pounds?
- Would you give Collective Resource permission to do a background check on you?
Send the answers and your résumé with a cover letter that tells us a little about yourself and why you want to join us to:
Collective Resource, Inc.
803 Elmwood Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202
If you prefer, you can e-mail us at email@example.com
We’ll keep your information on file and review it every time a new position opens up.
Thank you for your interest in Collective Resource!