Collective Resource is proud to be an official composting partner of
the City of Evanston and Villages of Morton Grove and Skokie.
Through a program approved by these towns, all of Evanston, Morton Grove, and Skokie
can now take advantage of the compost collection special low rates.
Weekly Basic Bucket Service is just $27 a month pre-paid!
Our service provides door-to-door pickup of food scraps. We provide a 5-gallon bucket to your family and then weekly or biweekly pick up the food scraps and take them to a commercial compost site. We leave a clean bucket for you to continue your collection for the next pickup. Most households work with a countertop container and then empty it into the big bucket when needed. Some customers choose to keep the bucket outside with a brick or flower pot on top, or it can be put out on pickup day.
Commercial composting is different than yard composting. You can compost anything that was once alive at a commercial site, including animal products and food-soiled paper. Click here for a complete list.
To set up the service, please fill out our signup form. Remember to check the box for weekly or biweekly service and choose "City of Evanston," "Village of Morton Grove," or "Village of Skokie" in the drop-down menu for "How did you hear about us?"
We'll get back to you promptly!
Weekly Basic Bucket service is $27 and biweekly service (every other week) is $20.50 per month. Save with annual and quarterly payments.
- Monthly - $27.00
- Quarterly - $78.00
- Annually - $302.50 Best Value!
- Monthly - $20.50
- Quarterly - $58.50
- Annually - $227.00 Best Value!
How it works?
- Discounted compost bucket collection service is available to the residents of Evanston, Morton Grove, and Skokie. All fees are required in the form of a prepayment by the 25th day of the month, for services during the following month, quarter, or year. A prorated invoice will be sent to cover any partial month services after setup.
- A 5-gallon bucket will be delivered to the front porch of the service address within 15 days of payment received and matched to the service address. The first pickup will happen at a customer's chosen location 1 or 2 weeks later depending on the service level requested. An email reminder will be sent 36 hours before the pickup.
- A fresh bucket will be left with every pickup that we receive the bucket that was given to the address prior. If the bucket is not out a call will be made to the phone number on record and a door hanger will be left, but no new bucket.
- An email to email@example.com is requested if the customer is not going to put out a bucket on any pickup day. Notice can be given at anytime prior to pickup day. No credit will be given for canceled pickups.
- A minimum prepayment equal to a month of service is required for set up and can be mailed to:
Collective Resource, Inc
838 Brown Avenue
Evanston, IL 60202.
- Ongoing payment options include:
- Leaving a check with the bucket on pickup day,
- Mailing a check to Collective Resource, Inc. (A note on the check with the service address is helpful.)
- Electronic payments through Chase QuickPay or Zelle.
- An online check can be sent from your bank. (Using your address in the memo or as an account number is helpful.)
- Customers can change service levels or locations monthly by the 20th day of the prior month.
- If the bucket is lost a $10 replacement fee is required.
- Customers can cancel Basic Service at any time, but no refund will be given for the remaining portion of the billing period. Collective Resource will make a final pickup and no new bucket will be left. All containers belong to CRI. Customers are required to wait 3 months before signing up for service again.
- Add-on services are available, see the options below.
- Deluxe service is available, see the details below.
- Multi-unit buildings, restaurants, and commercial businesses can benefit from our 32-gallon tote service. Click here to learn more.
- Monthly - $43.33
- Quarterly - $130.00
- Annually - $504.00
- Monthly - $52.00
- Quarterly - $156.00
- Annually - $605.00
32 Gallon Tote*
- Monthly - $95.33
- Quarterly - $286.00
- Annually - $1,110.00
32 Gallon Tote*
- Monthly - $47.67
- Quarterly - $143.00
- Annually - $555.00
Upgrade to Deluxe Service
- No prepayment required.
- Pay as you go and start and stop as needed. No charge when a pickup is canceled by email prior to the pickup day.
- Fresh bucket delivered even if you forget to leave your current bucket out on pickup day.
- Referral Credit of one free pickup if you educate someone who signs up for Deluxe Service.
- Just like Basic Service, you can choose your pickup location and you will receive a pickup reminder 36 hours in advance.
Please, email us if you'd like to upgrade your service to the Deluxe option.